Men's Application Process
- To be eligible for housing in the Men's Program, a Vision House Residential Housing Application must be completely filled out and returned to Vision House. Please download the application below.
- If you cannot download the application, please call Vision House at (425) 228-6356 to have an application mailed or faxed to you.
- If you call to obtain an application and receive a message recording, please clearly say and spell your full name and slowly give an address or fax number where an application may be mailed or faxed to you.
- The Program Rules and Expectations should also be included with your application. You can download those below as well.
- Once we receive your completed application, a staff person will contact you (if you provide contact information) to let you know that we received your application and that you will be placed on a wait list.
- The wait list varies in length depending on openings and you will be contacted if and when a space becomes available. If contact or pertinent information changes in the meantime, please feel free to contact us at (425) 228-6356 to update your application.
- Once a space becomes available you will be contacted for a phone screening and an interview.
Vision House exists primarily to provide an alcohol/drug-free living environment for low-income and homeless people. To safeguard that environment for residents, all applicants must meet the following screening criteria:
- Applicants are men with a history of alcoholism, alcohol abuse or drug abuse, or a combination of a variety of chemical abuses.
- Applicants must have been alcohol/drug free for 28 days prior to admission. Exceptions may be made on an individual basis at the discretion of VH. Applicants will be asked to give a breath or urine sample at the time of the admission interview.
- Applicants must have no psychological or mental health problems requiring management through the use of sedative-hypnotic drugs. Other prescribed psychotropic drugs may be permitted but must be registered with the Case Manager.
- Applicants must have been in a treatment program within the last 12 months, and must agree to remain active in recovery through treatment, 12-step program, counseling or show other evidence of ongoing sobriety while at VH.
- Applicants must not have felony convictions involving sex crimes or crimes of violence. Criminal history is one element used in evaluating suitability for residence at VH.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must interview with the Case Manager and the other house residents.